METRO Regional Transit Authority has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise program in accordance with regulation of the US Department of Transportation, 49 CFR Part 26. METRO has established an overall DBE goal of 1% with a race-neutral goal of 100% for the years of 2022-2025.
It is the policy of the METRO Regional Transit Authority to ensure that DBEs, as defined in 49 CFR Part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in DOT-assisted contracts.
It is also the policy of the METRO Regional Transit Authority to comply with all parts of 49 CFR Part 26 to accomplish the following objectives:
- to ensure nondiscrimination in the award
- to create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for DOT-assisted contracts
- to ensure that the DBE program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law
- to ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs
- to help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs in DOT-assisted contracts
- to assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the marketplace outside the DBE program
METRO has issued a policy statement which expresses its commitment to use DBEs in all aspects of contracting. Various levels of responsibility are outlined, and objectives of the program are described. This policy statement is circulated throughout the organization and to minority, non-minority, and women-owned community and business organizations.
To register for METRO's bidders list, please fill out a DBE Contact Information Form and mail it to: METRO RTA, Attn: Lori Stokes, DBE Liaison Officer 416 Kenmore Blvd. Akron, OH 44301; fax it to 330-564-5033; or email it to email@example.com.
For more information, contact Lori Stokes at 330-564-2247.
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
Public Hearing Notice
The METRO Regional Transportation Authority (METRO) will participate with Portage County Area RTA (PARTA), Stark County Area RTA (SARTA), and Akron-Canton Airport to hold a public hearing on Wednesday, June 15, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. We will be discussing upcoming federally funded projects that may have the opportunity for Certified DBE companies’ participation.
This year’s meeting will be virtual through Zoom. Please pre-register for this meeting by contacting Rebecca Schrader at Schrader.firstname.lastname@example.org in order to receive the zoom link.
METRO’s 3-Year Year (2021 through 2023) DBE Overall Goal is 1%, with a Race-Neutral Goal of 100%, which is required by the Code of Federal Regulation 49, Part 26.Your comments and feedback are important.