CLICK HERE FOR FRIDAY, 2/3/2022 UPDATES
Due to the nature of weather patterns and driving conditions, please continue to track your bus or call 330.762.0341 for up-to-date information.
Thursday, 2/3 7:35 p.m.
To All METRO Riders: METRO is experiencing significant delays in services at this time due to the extreme weather conditions. Some routes and times may not be served. We understand this is frustrating, but this storm has impacted travel for everyone on the roads. We thank you for your patience and understanding. Call 330.762.0341 and track your bus at https://rb.gy/vrt5hz
Rt 6 is unable to service the Lakemore Loop at this time. Call 3307620341 or track your bus in real time.
Thursday, 2/3: The outbound Rt 103 trip leaving the Transit Center at 4:30 pm and the inbound Rt 103 trip leaving Dean Memorial/Hines Hill at 5:27 pm has been canceled. Please call 330.762.0341 for further route information.
NCX-Rt 61 to/from Cleveland is experiencing delays due to driving conditions and the extreme weather. Call 330.762.0341 or track your bus for real time arrivals.
Rt 19 is on the inclement weather detour
Route #19 Inbound: From Britain Rd, Right on Eastwood Ave. Left on Hazel. Left on Wellington Ave. Right on Eastland Ave. Continue IB.
Route #19 Outbound: From Eastland Ave. Left on Wellington Ave. Right on Hazel. Right on Eastwood Ave. Left on Britain Rd.
METRO's DASH service in downtown Akron has been suspended and will NOT run on Thursday, February 3rd, 2022.
Snow Storm Surge: What to expect
METRO RTA prioritizes our passengers' and team member's safety above everything.
Starting late Wednesday, February 2nd, 2022 through Friday, February 4th, 2022 Summit and surrounding counties are expected to experience a significant snow and ice surge.
If the inclement weather pattern persists, the following is possible:
- Fixed-route delays and/or cancellations of routes and times are probable.
- ADA services will run, as scheduled, but delays are likely.
- Northcoast Express (NCX) may not be in service due to weather issues.
- The DASH service could be suspended.
- METRO RTA may have to prioritize Demand Response (SCAT) services. This means medically necessary services will be the top priority, as long as safety measures are able to be adhered to during all phases of the trip.
- If you are using METRO's Demand Response services (SCAT/Call-A-Bus/METRO Connect/FlexRide) the bus operator must be able to access the properties and side streets where pick-up and drop-off locations may be located. If our vehicle is unable to safely access the street, parking lot, or property the trip may be canceled.
- If you use METRO for any service during this time, please understand your later trips may not be running, could be canceled, or could be running significantly late.
Call 330.762.0341 before you head out or go to yourbus.org to track your fixed-route bus.
We thank you for your patience and for your attention to these possible disruptions to METRO services.
Stay safe. Stay warm. Stay connected with METRO on social media for updates as we move through this weather event.